Department of Management and Business Systems
The Department of Management and Business Systems is one of the departments in the school of Business and Management Studies. It is involved in preparing high calibre professionals in Information Technology and Operations Management or diverse organizations capable of dealing with the emerging complex current and future technological challenges. The department is also involved in research and consultancy in Operations Management and Management Information Systems to equip decision makers with skills in quantitative and qualitative aspects of Operations Management and Information Technology for enhancing quality management decisions.
Through the development of market driven and responsive curriculum the department has contributed and continues to contribute immensely to the overall mission of the University of providing quality education, training, promoting scholarship, innovation and creativity for the real world.
Departmental Objectives :
- To equip decision makers with skills in quantitative and qualitative aspects of Operations Management and Information Technology for enhancing quality management decisions.
- To provide the clients with the logical, mathematical, project management, systems thinking and information systems and technology innovation and creativity skills that are much in demand.
- To establish functional management structures and systems within the department that are open, result based and that meet stakeholders requirements.
- To establish infrastructure within the department that attracts, develops and retains high calibre staff.
- To ensure the departmentâ€™s financial sustainability through enhanced consultancy and enterprise activities.
- To maintain an equitable and creative work environment that encourages new ideas and hard work within the department.